Fruit & Shade Trees
Many varieties of trees will thrive in your Broome garden and provide not only shade but a delicious crop of fruit to keep you and your family healthy.
Our range of shade trees will create huge splashes of colour, waft perfume into your home and attract the birds into your garden.
Choose something from our current stock, which usually includes:
- Indian Mast Tree – with its unusual vertical branches.
- Black Bean – throws up fabulous bunches of tropical orange flowers the lorikeets love.
- Madagascan Boab (Moringa) – faster growing than the Kimberley boab with lovely feathery foliage
- Poinciana – its delicate leaves create dappled shade while its blazing red flowers create drama.
- Yellow Flame Tree – excellent, fast growing feature with spectacular, fragrant yellow flowers and bright red seed pods
- Leopard Tree (Brazilian Ironwood) – hardy and loves hot dry climates.
- Frangipani – a perfumed tropical favourite in a wonderful variety of colours .
- Pandanus – a tropical staple with bright-colour fruit and leaves that provide fibre for everything from fine baskets to floor mats.
- African Mahogany – one of the most beautiful of the hardwoods.
- Beach Callophyllum – an elegant coastal tree which is one of the few that can withstand cyclones.
- Pongamia (Indian Beech) – one for the large block only, the fragrant pongamia can grow to 20 metres tall with a wide-spreading canopy to match.
Take home a grafted mango or an exotic black sapote to add some interest, or a mulberry for its wonderful black berries.
- Black Sapote
- Sar Fruit
- Jack Fruit